shotsJ | Hot
Rigs | Live
Issues | Hazmat
| EMS/Rescue |
the US | WMD/Terrorism|
| Site Search
| Web Search
| Email us
|February 3, 2004
Elderly occupants rescued
|At 2 a.m. the street
assignment was dispatched for a house fire in the 8800 block of Sterling
Street in Glenarden. Engine 331, Tower 33, MP-33 and Volunteer Chief 33
(Riley) responded from quarters.
Enroute to the call units were advised
that there were reports of people still inside. Engine 331 arrived on the
scene with fire showing from side "Bravo" of a 1 1/2 story brick home.
One elderly female was removed at the front
door and a elderly male was located in the smoke filled hallway, both were
removed to safety by the crew on Engine 331.
Tower 33/MP-33 crews worked on a primary
search for other occupants and ventilated.
|After the occupants were removed to medical
care, the crew from Engine 331 extinguished the fire. The fire was under
control in under 10 minutes, the additional searches proved negative.
Both occupants were transported in stable
condition by Medic Units to area hospitals.
The cause of the fire was a faulty electrical
heater. Volunteer Chief 33/Battalion Chief 1 (Riley) had Command.
to the incident audio
us your comments